Wednesday, 4 January 2017

With God Is The One Safe Place.

It's just something I was thinking about. With God is the one safe place.

Quite a few passages in the Bible say this. (a sampling below)

Also, (at the bottom of the article) Charles Slack about God's cure for depression. Might be good to read for anyone going through depression.

Some Bible verses about Safety: 

The Lord is my light and my salvation -
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -
of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Deuteronomy 31:6

But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:1-2    
                                                                                                                                               
You are my hiding place;
you will protect me from trouble
and surround me with songs of deliverance.
Psalm 32:7                              
                                                                                                                        
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Psalm 46:1  
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8                                                                                                                                                        
                                                                                                                                                   
You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.
Isaiah 26:3        
                                                                                                                                                                                 
The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him.
Nahum 1:7        
                                                                                                                                              
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans.
Psalm 118:8      
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
Sing to God, sing in praise of his name,
extol him who rides on the clouds;
rejoice before him — his name is the Lord.
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows,
is God in his holy dwelling.
Psalm 68:4-5    
                                                                                                                                             
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
Psalm 62:2   
                                                                                                                                                     
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed,
a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 9:9                                                                              


http://cross-connect.net.au/how-god-heals-depression-when-you-cant/                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear griffin friend and dirigible traveller - please feel free to leave a comment. I always try to moderate comments within 24 hours or earlier, so hopefully it will appear soon.